New Policy Changes as of 5/4/2021
Please Check-In when you arrive at our front desk to keep our phone lines open!
We are committed to offering a safe and healthy environment for our clients, your pets, and our hospital team. Our goal to provide seamless and available service for you and your pets remains unchanged. As a medical facility, we have always had routine disinfection and cleaning protocols in place to control the spread of infectious disease in our facility. We will continue those efforts and increase the frequency of those measures during this time of vigilance. Our team is dedicated to remain open to provide essential care for the pets we serve.
As Executive Orders in Tennessee have been allowed to expire, we are looking forward to making the transition back to more normal operations.
If you are Symptomatic, or Your Household Is In Quarantine
It is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or has any symptoms of illness not come to have your animal seen. Additionally, if the household is under quarantine, your pet should be seen only for urgent emergency care, wellness and other non urgent care should wait until the family is healthy.
If you have concerns, please give us a call at (615) 459-0802 and we can discuss options of your pet getting care. If you must bring your pet, we can provide you curbside visit, please do not come into the facility, call us from your car when you arrive and will assist you in a curbside visit.
Face Coverings and Mask
All staff interested in being vaccinated have done so or soon will be done with their vaccination series.
We will no longer require clients to wear mask in our facility, but we still request you keep a a safe 3-6 social distance while in our office.
Our staff will not be required to wear mask while they are working, but some may decided to continue to do so.
Clients not comfortable being in the office or exam room with unmasked staff may elect a curbside appointment.
We are asking that all clients please try to call us for an appointment time to reduce the traffic in our building. Please only walk-in for true emergencies. By setting an appointment time, we can better serve each client by reducing wait times. We encourage all clients to call us and arrange an appointment time to ensure your pet gets the care they need.
Online Scheduling Available
Urgent Care / Walk-ins
During the pandemic office across the area, region, and nationally have seen an unprecedented demand for veterinary services. It has resulted in full schedules and a increase in wait times for emergency and urgent care visits. Out local ER clinics are routinely seeing 2-5 hour wait times to be seen. To reduce the pressures on our ER clinics we will continue to offer our day time ER and Urgent care Services. For Full details and additional fees Click Here
Nail Trims, and Anal Glands
Nail trims and Anal Sac expressions are by appointment only. You can schedule those visit 3 days in advance on line with the link above. Walk-in for these services strain our ability to provide the more essential care our pets that need us. In the past it was not uncommon to have as many of 4+ clients walk in for these services at one time. This creates significant wait times for all clients. To better accommodate these pets needs, and reduce wait times, these procedures will now always require an appointment time for one of our assistant team members.
Walk in services for nail trims and anal sac are available during groom shop hours at Creature Comforts Kennels, their fees do apply.
Wellness visits are resumed by appointment only. Walk-in visits for wellness are now available, but the urgent care exam fee of $65 will replace the discounted wellness exam fee. As we continue to see high demand for our services it is likely we will have significant wait times involved for walk in services. So appointments are strongly advised.
For Any Pet Visit
Temporary Policies for Visits & Social Distancing
- Please clean and disinfect your carrier, leash, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an suitable disinfectant.
- Please ask for and use the sanitizing agents at the front desk upon arrival.
- Please respect the "social distancing" recommendations and maintain three to six feet from others, and refrain from shaking hands.
- When you get here please check in at the front desk. We ask you not to call to check in as this has been tying up our phone lines and creating delays unless you or someone in your household has been ill. You may keep your pet in the car while checking in.
- If you are asked to wait in the car, we will provide you a buzzer to let you know your exam room is clean, disinfected and ready for you.
- Clients and pets will be moved to an exam room as promptly as possible. Room surfaces are being sanitized between visits, so some extra time is needed.
- Our Lobby is open for waiting, but if it gets too crowded you may be asked to wait in your car.
- If you prefer to wait in your car we are happy to give you a pager, or text you when your pets room is ready.
- Keep your pet on a short leash or in a carrier.
- Do not interact or pet any pet in the parking lot, lobby, or facility that is not yours.
- We ask that only one adult will be allowed in the building with the pet. If at all possible, that person should be the primary decision maker. We are happy to place any other family member on speaker phone during the visit. This will help us provide acceptable social distancing practices in our exam rooms.
- We love to see all the pets we care for, but at this time, please bring only the pet that is in need of care at a time with you. This way, our exam rooms will be less crowded. Do not bring other pets "along for the ride" for their safety, and to reduce the stress of excessive pets in the facility. They are best left at home at this time.
- No personal items can be kept with the pet while hospitalized, including blankets, toys, collars, leashes, etc.
- Please email our office for your pets needed refills to help keep our busy phone lines open.
These are stressful times!
Be nice, courteous, and understanding!
Unprofessional conduct from clients on the phone, in our lobby, or towards our staff will not be tolerated, and may result in your suspension as a client from our practice, and the benefits and savings we provide to our great clients.
Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to ask us any questions.
These are trying, difficult times for us all, and we all need to do our part to face these challenges together with grace and understanding.
We’re here for you, your pets, and the communities in which we live.
We will continue to keep you informed as news and information becomes available.
Dr. Michael Hatcher
Smyrna Veterinarian | Premier VetCare | 615-459-0802
13197 Old Nashville Hwy
Smyrna, TN 37167
Help Us Help Your Neighbors!!
Through the American Veterinary Medical Foundation’s Veterinary Care Charitable Fund, our hospital is able to help animals rescued from abuse and neglect and the pets of clients facing personal hardships. Your donations to the AVMF on behalf of our hospital will help us help animals. Click on the AVMF donate button to make your tax deductible.
Our ability to help those pets in need is determined by the funds available. Keeping your donations local will make a difference for a local family in need.
Locally Owned and Operated Since 2004!
Premier VetCare is a proud to be Smyrna's only locally owned and operated Veterinary Hospital. We are dedicated to supporting our local community, and strive to support the pet owners of our community. When your a client of our practice your pet care dollars remain local, allowing us to continue grow, improve our services to our clients, bring to you the cutting edge medicine and equipment to provide the best care possible for your pets. We have no corporate investors or head office to support, allowing us to offer additional value for your pet care budget. Supporting your locally owned and operated businesses insures our community stays strong, diverse, and the services we want and need remain in our great Town of Smyrna.