New Temporary Hours and Policy Changes as of 4/29/2020.
Please Check-In when you arrive at our front desk to keep our phone lines open!
We are committed to offering a safe and healthy environment for our clients, your pets, and our hospital team. Our goal to provide seamless and available service for you and your pets remains unchanged. As a medical facility, we have always had routine disinfection and cleaning protocols in place to control the spread of infectious disease in our facility. We will continue those efforts and increase the frequency of those measures during this time of vigilance. Our team is dedicated to remain open to provide essential care for the pets we serve. To ensure we can continue to remain open for the pets in need, and comply with state and federal guideline, we need to take steps to reduce exposures to our staff and clients. We continue to monitor this ever-evolving situation and will be adjusting our care and procedures as needed. To do this, we are implementing the following procedures.
If you are Symptomatic, or Your Household Is In Quarantine
It is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days or to an area in the United States with high incidence of COVID-19, not come to have your animal seen. Please be considerate of the risk of being infectious without being sick with COVID-19. Additionally, if the household is under quarantine, your pet should be seen only for urgent emergency care, as pets, carriers, leashes, and collars can carry the virus on their surfaces or fur. Pets may get infected with COVID-19 as we understand it now, but at this time we are unsure how they may be involved in potential spread.
If you have concerns, please give us a call at (615) 459-0802 and we can discuss options of your pet getting care. If you must bring your pet, we can provide you curbside visit, please do not come into the facility, call us from your car when you arrive and will assist you in a curbside visit.
If your household is in Quarantine, our Telemedicine service may be an option in the need of minor care. Click here for details.
Help Us Help You! By Keeping Us Healthy.
Please, comply with CDC and State Health Department Guidelines by wearing a face mask or covering while in an exam room with our staff.
If you like to purchase one, we have a limited supply of medical face mask for those visiting our practice for a small fee of $1.00
Thank you for your cooperation.
As of 3-23-2020 our office hours will be 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. We have suspended our 5:30 pm- 7:00 pm urgent care appointments for the time being.
Online Scheduling Available
We are asking that all clients please try to call us for an appointment time to reduce the traffic in our building. Please only walk-in for true emergencies. By setting an appointment time, we can better serve each client by reducing wait times and practicing social distancing in our facility. If time and staffing allows we may be able to accommodate some walk-in Urgent Care. In the event Walk -in wait times become longer than 1 hr we will suspend walk-in service, and do our best to accommodate you with an appointment time. We encourage all clients to call us and arrange an appointment time to ensure your pet gets the care they need.
Nail trims and Anal Sac expressions are now resumed by appointment only. Walk-in for these services strain our ability to provide the more essential care our pets need us for. In the past it was not uncommon to have as many of 4+ clients walk in for these services at one time. This creates significant wait times for all clients. To better accommodate these pets needs, and reduce wait times, these procedures will now always require an appointment time for one of our assistant team members.
Walk in services for nail trims and anal sac are available during groom shop hours at Creature Comforts Kennels, their fees do apply.
Wellness visits are resumed by appointment only. Walk-in visits for wellness are now available, but the urgent care exam fee of $65 will replace the discounted wellness exam fee. As we are following state and federal limitations on how many clients than can be in the building at a time it is likely we will have significant wait times involved for walk in services.
Veterinary practices have also been asked to conserve PPE by limiting surgical procedures. At this time, we have reusable PPE and surgical equipment that we utilize. Even then, the majority of the surgical supplies we utilize are labeled for veterinary use only. We historically keep a fair supply of materials, and we are currently stocked and available to perform surgical procedures that may be needed. It is our belief that all surgical procedures we recommend are essential to the pets long-term well being, to include spay, neuter, and dental procedures. As our procedures do not cause a significant strain on human medical supplies and PPE, with the current circumstances, we believe we serve our community, clients, and their pets by continuing to offer these needed procedures.
Our surgical schedule will resumed as normal on May 4th 2020.
For Any Pet Visit
Temporary Policies for Visits & Social DistancingWe greatly appreciate and encourage clients to wear cloth face mask while in an exam room with our staff. If you like to purchase one we have a supply of medical face mask for those visiting our practice for a small fee of $1.00
- Please clean and disinfect your carrier, leash, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an suitable disinfectant.
- Please ask for and use the sanitizing agents at the front desk upon arrival.
- Please respect the "social distancing" recommendations and maintain six feet from others, and refrain from shaking hands.
- Clients will be met at the door and escorted to an exam room. If all exam rooms are full you will be asked to wait in your car.
- When you get here please check in at the front desk. We ask you not to call to check in as this has been tying up our phone lines and creating delays. You may keep your pet in the car while checking in.
- If you are asked to wait in the car, we will provide you a buzzer to let you know your exam room is clean, disinfected and ready for you.
- Clients and pets will be moved to an exam room as promptly as possible. Room surfaces are being sanitized between visits, so some extra time is needed.
- Clients are not allowed to wait or sit in our lobby at this time.
- Keep your pet on a short leash or in a carrier.
- Do not interact or pet any pet in the parking lot, lobby, or facility that is not yours.
- Only one person will be allowed in the building with the pet. If at all possible, that person should be the primary decision maker. We are happy to place any other family member on speaker phone during the visit. This will help us provide acceptable social distancing practices in our exam rooms.
- Once your pets visit is complete we may check you out in the exam room.
- We love to see all the pets we care for, but at this time, please bring only the pet that is in need of care at a time with you. This way, our exam rooms will be less crowded. Do not bring other pets "along for the ride" for their safety, and to reduce the stress of excessive pets in the facility. They are best left at home at this time.
- Ancillary services, such as nail trims, non-clinical anal gland expressions, etc., are strictly by appointment only and having staffing availability to perform those services. The groom shop and Creature Comforts Kennels is providing walk in availability for these procedures, their fees do apply.
- Visits to hospitalized patients will be limited. The only patients that can receive visits are those specifically being hospitalized as an ICU patient and whose owners do not have any respiratory symptoms.
- No personal items can be kept with the pet while hospitalized, including blankets, toys, collars, leashes, etc.
- Please email our office for your pets needed refills. When you get here, we can take payment by phone and deliver them to your car. You can also elect to have some prescriptions mailed to you directly from our office by Priority Mail for a $10 fee (some restrictions may apply), or fill them online with our home delivery service provider.
These are stressful times!
Be nice, courteous, and understanding!
Unprofessional conduct from clients on the phone, in our lobby, or towards our staff will not be tolerated, and may result in your suspension as a client from our practice, and the benefits and savings we provide to our great clients.
Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to ask us any questions.
These are trying, difficult times for us all, and we all need to do our part to face these challenges together with grace and understanding.
We’re here for you, your pets, and the communities in which we live.
We will continue to keep you informed as news and information becomes available.
Dr. Michael Hatcher
Smyrna Veterinarian | Premier VetCare | 615-459-0802
13197 Old Nashville Hwy
Smyrna, TN 37167
Help Us Help Your Neighbors!!
Through the American Veterinary Medical Foundation’s Veterinary Care Charitable Fund, our hospital is able to help animals rescued from abuse and neglect and the pets of clients facing personal hardships. Your donations to the AVMF on behalf of our hospital will help us help animals. Click on the AVMF donate button to make your tax deductible.
Our ability to help those pets in need is determined by the funds available. Keeping your donations local will make a difference for a local family in need.
Locally Owned and Operated Since 2004!
Premier VetCare is a proud to be Smyrna's only locally owned and operated Veterinary Hospital. We are dedicated to supporting our local community, and strive to support the pet owners of our community. When your a client of our practice your pet care dollars remain local, allowing us to continue grow, improve our services to our clients, bring to you the cutting edge medicine and equipment to provide the best care possible for your pets. We have no corporate investors or head office to support, allowing us to offer additional value for your pet care budget. Supporting your locally owned and operated businesses insures our community stays strong, diverse, and the services we want and need remain in our great Town of Smyrna.